Now Launched: Genomics in Society Interdisciplinary Research Teams Program (GiSIRT)
Ontario Genomics is pleased to announce the official launch of Genome Canada’s Genomics in Society Interdisciplinary Research Teams Program.
The program is aimed at supporting interdisciplinary research projects that address issues at the intersection of genomics and society. Research teams of at least three researchers from different disciplines investigating the advancement, adoption, evaluation, and governance of genomics research are encouraged to apply.
Key Program Highlights:
- Total Funding Available: $3M
- Project Size: $500k-$1M per project (total)
- Co-funding: 50% from Genome Canada + 50% from other eligible sources (1:1)
- Award Duration: Up to 4 years
- Proposal Focus Areas: Genome Canada award flows to academic partner only
- Stream 1: proposals mainly impacting the human health sector
- Stream 2: proposals mainly impacting the agriculture/agri-food and/or aquaculture/fisheries sectors
- Stream 3: proposals mainly impacting the natural resources (forestry, energy, mining) and/or environment sectors
All interested applicants are encouraged to contact Ontario Genomics before working on completing their application. Submission dates and forms can be found on the GiSIRT program web page.
For more information, please contact:
Dennis McCormac, Associate Vice President Science & Technology
email@example.com | t. 416-673-6590
Ann Meyer, Advisor, Sector Innovation & Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org | t. 416-673-6587