From Discovery to Profit
Capturing new markets and access to new technologies for the agrifood sector of Ontario.
Established in 1997, Ontario Agri-Food Technologies (OAFT) is a non-profit organization comprised of members from grower associations, universities/colleges, industry and regional governments.
Located in Guelph, Ontario, the organization focuses on ensuring that Ontario producers have access to the latest technologies to compete globally and to develop new market opportunities, many of which are beyond food.
Many recent developments, such as the new technology for genetic manipulation of plants and animals, the emergence of specialty products, increased fossil fuel costs, contract manufacturing and growing, changes in the trade agreements and increased international competitiveness, are now changing the face of agriculture world-wide.
Although Ontario is well-positioned to take advantage of these changes to enhance its agri-food industry, our efforts must be coordinated for the collective economic and social well-being of the province and its citizens. We must move beyond traditional markets of food to new health products, industrial feedstock and fuels.
Contact us to include your big news!
December 6, 2017 Congratulations to Bee Vectoring Technologies for their successful trial results in blueberries. The trial was conducted near Parrsborough, Nova Scotia, Canada in low bush blueberries with the Wild Blueberry Research Program at Dalhousie University using BVT’s newly developed honeybee system, consisting of a honey bee hive with proprietary dispenser technology through which…
December 5, 2017 Sustainability is a key word with University of Guelph hospitality services, which feeds more than 20,000 people on campus every day. Applying sustainability standards to food in that volume can be a challenge – a “daunting task,” in fact, according to the university’s food and beverage procurement manager, Mark Kenny. He says…
December 4, 2017 Competitive Green Technologies News Release TORONTO, ON – November 30, 2017 – Club Coffee’s PurPod100™ will be profiled on a new episode of “Made by Destruction.” The episode will appear: • Monday December 4 at 8:30 pm • on Discovery Canada The segment on PurPod100™ will centre on production of the pod’s…
November 24, 2017 OAFT in collaboration with CropLife Canada, University of Waterloo Faculty of Science Foundation, RCIS, Life Sciences Ontario, Partners in Research, and FoodStarter are hosting two screenings of the critically acclaimed documentary Food Evolution directed by academy award-nominated Scott Hamilton Kennedy and narrated by Neil deGrasse Tyson followed by a panel discussion with…
Entrepreneurs, start-up companies at the heart of new food and beverage business ideas, innovation and investment in Ontario
November 21, 2017 Earlier this year, OAFT member Food and Beverage Ontario – the food and beverage processing sector’s leadership organization – launched a unique, Ontario-based business development tool. This on-line tool helps new and expanding businesses connect with Ontario food and beverage processors to locate manufacturing capacity. “A co-packer directory like the tool we…
November 20, 2017 A Health Canada-approved health claim linking the consumption of protein-rich soy food to lowering cholesterol levels is central to new marketing opportunities for soy food products in Canada. Fellow ATCC founding member Oilseed Innovation Partners (OIP – formerly Soy 20/20) led the submission of the claim, which is based on scientific evidence…
THE CLIMATE CORPORATION AND DEVERON PARTNER TO DELIVER ON-DEMAND AERIAL IMAGERY DATA TO FARMERS FOR ENHANCED CROP ANALYSIS
November 15, 2017 Today, The Climate Corporation, a subsidiary of Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON), announced a partnership with Deveron UAS Corp. (CSE: DVR), that will deliver farmers advanced aerial imagery data combined with powerful analytics through The Climate Corporation’s industry-leading Climate FieldView™ digital agriculture platform. The addition of Deveron supports Climate’s commitment to deliver a…
November 8, 2017 A research partnership between PlantForm Corporation and a University of Calgary scientist has been awarded an Engage Grant from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. The funding will allow Dr. Douglas Muench, Professor of Integrative Cell Biology at the University of Calgary, to study the potential for a novel…
October 31, 2017 Bioenterprise is looking to hire new graduates. The Bioenterprise New Graduate Employment & Mentorship Program is designed to assist new graduates enter the various sub-sectors within ag-tech, while supporting and enabling innovation in Ontario. This Program connects Ontario-based innovators with Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) and creates employment opportunities by providing financial support…
October 27, 2017 Congratulations to Bioenterprise Corporation for receiving BIOTECanada’s Gold Leaf Award for Ecosystem Builder for its demonstrated leadership, showing significant contributions to the Canadian biotech ecosystem through its engagement and responsibility. The award recognizes organizations involved in attracting investment, commercializing innovation, and establishing globally competitive Canadian companies that will provide long term, highly…
- Canada expands agri-food market access in China #OntAgriFoodTech https://t.co/oB8rJR8B3U2 hours ago
- RT @DeanUoGBusiness: Great to say Tyler Whale, President @OAFT_ATCC and advisory board member for @UoG_Business, sharing stage with UofG Pr…12 hours ago
- RT @JeffLeal_MPP: Thanks @uofg @mcleanberryfarm @clubcoffeeLP & @OAFT_ATCC for fostering innovation & growth in #OntAg at this year's Premi…18 hours ago
- Recognizing Ontario Agri-food innovators. Technology and innovation are the keys to our competitive advantage -TW https://t.co/HqbTjdRx8619 hours ago
- Fine wine grapes take time | Ag Innovation Ontario @AgInnovationOnt #OntAgriFoodTech https://t.co/t83ic6YnCv https://t.co/szoHnfb97n20 hours ago
- RT @knighterptbo: @OAFT_ATCC Tyler Whale and Erin McLean on Innovation panel at Premier’s summit on AgFood https://t.co/pkrCcqa9Da20 hours ago
- The challenges of renegotiating the NAFTA are well worth our most important trade relationship. Keep up the good wo… https://t.co/7EDH7pIz1f21 hours ago
- Cargill Program Allows Consumers to Identify Farm That Raised Their Turkey #AgriFoodTech https://t.co/0W1VnVosRH https://t.co/2ZjFiw3vff22 hours ago
- OAFT BioProducts Update – 11 Dec 2017 #OntAgriFoodTech https://t.co/IsrvPFe7Ze https://t.co/VsZGDRgnOWyesterday
- Plant Diversity Crucial for Ecosystems: Study #OntAgriFoodTech https://t.co/j78nI6b1BO https://t.co/LJto23V0Znyesterday
@ Isabel Bader Theatre
@ Theatre Centre
@ St. Isidore Recreation Centre
@ Best Western, Lamplighter Inn