From Discovery to Profit
Capturing new markets and access to new technologies for the agrifood sector of Ontario.
Established in 1997, Ontario Agri-Food Technologies (OAFT) is a non-profit organization comprised of members from grower associations, universities/colleges, industry and regional governments.
Located in Guelph, Ontario, the organization focuses on ensuring that Ontario producers have access to the latest technologies to compete globally and to develop new market opportunities, many of which are beyond food.
Many recent developments, such as the new technology for genetic manipulation of plants and animals, the emergence of specialty products, increased fossil fuel costs, contract manufacturing and growing, changes in the trade agreements and increased international competitiveness, are now changing the face of agriculture world-wide.
Although Ontario is well-positioned to take advantage of these changes to enhance its agri-food industry, our efforts must be coordinated for the collective economic and social well-being of the province and its citizens. We must move beyond traditional markets of food to new health products, industrial feedstock and fuels.
Contact us to include your big news!
November 20, 2017 A Health Canada-approved health claim linking the consumption of protein-rich soy food to lowering cholesterol levels is central to new marketing opportunities for soy food products in Canada. Fellow ATCC founding member Oilseed Innovation Partners (OIP – formerly Soy 20/20) led the submission of the claim, which is based on scientific evidence…
THE CLIMATE CORPORATION AND DEVERON PARTNER TO DELIVER ON-DEMAND AERIAL IMAGERY DATA TO FARMERS FOR ENHANCED CROP ANALYSIS
November 15, 2017 Today, The Climate Corporation, a subsidiary of Monsanto Company (NYSE: MON), announced a partnership with Deveron UAS Corp. (CSE: DVR), that will deliver farmers advanced aerial imagery data combined with powerful analytics through The Climate Corporation’s industry-leading Climate FieldView™ digital agriculture platform. The addition of Deveron supports Climate’s commitment to deliver a…
November 8, 2017 A research partnership between PlantForm Corporation and a University of Calgary scientist has been awarded an Engage Grant from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada. The funding will allow Dr. Douglas Muench, Professor of Integrative Cell Biology at the University of Calgary, to study the potential for a novel…
October 31, 2017 Bioenterprise is looking to hire new graduates. The Bioenterprise New Graduate Employment & Mentorship Program is designed to assist new graduates enter the various sub-sectors within ag-tech, while supporting and enabling innovation in Ontario. This Program connects Ontario-based innovators with Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) and creates employment opportunities by providing financial support…
October 27, 2017 Congratulations to Bioenterprise Corporation for receiving BIOTECanada’s Gold Leaf Award for Ecosystem Builder for its demonstrated leadership, showing significant contributions to the Canadian biotech ecosystem through its engagement and responsibility. The award recognizes organizations involved in attracting investment, commercializing innovation, and establishing globally competitive Canadian companies that will provide long term, highly…
Oilseed Innovation Partners helps bring new Canadian renewable food grade industrial lubricant to market
October 25, 2017 A new Canadian renewable industrial multi-purpose lubricant approved for food manufacturing use is now available in Canada thanks to the work by Oilseed Innovation Partners. Made with Canadian-grown canola, Smart Earth Performance FG has received a Letter of No Objection from Health Canada, making it suitable for use in food and beverage…
October 20, 2017 Fellow ATCC founding member Bioenterprise Corporation along with partner, Innovation Guelph, celebrated the success of recipients of their first round of seed funding at their Innovation Showcase event on October 10. This funding program has helped in the success of small companies across southern Ontario such as Mirexus Biotechnologies Inc., Local Grown…
October 19, 2017 Congratulations to fellow ATCC founding member Oilseed Innovation Partners (OIP), formerly known as Soy 20/20. The name change reflects its expanding mandate that now includes oilseed crops in addition to soybeans, such as canola, sunflowers, and camelina. Read full news release here: News release – Soy 2020 expands mandate to become Oilseed Innovation…
October 18, 2017 Food Starter, a not-for-profit corporation funded in part by the City of Toronto and Canada’s premier food business commercialization centre, celebrated its official grand opening on October 12th with a Flavour Safari held at the centre’s 20,000-square foot shared-use production space in Toronto, Ontario. see more: http://foodstarter.ca/2017/10/food-starter-opens-its-doors-to-serve-up-torontos-best-in-up-and-coming-food-businesses/
October 11, 2017 Canada leapfrogged India to hit seventh place in the rankings, up from eighth the year before. The value of Brand Canada rose by 14 per cent in a year, to an estimated US$2.056 trillion. In other words, that’s what it would cost to buy Canada’s reputation and wordmark if it were available…
- Gene discovery may halt worldwide wheat epidemic # AgriFoodTech https://t.co/96Taje6TSK https://t.co/T0wn1g5p9u12 hours ago
- RT @LivestockRIC: Interested in learning about what LRIC does? Check out our website for more information! https://t.co/ykhgD18W0Z https://…13 hours ago
- Oilseed Innovation Partners help communicate human health benefits of soy protein @OilseedInnov #OntAgriFoodTech… https://t.co/hKMrIVaY4116 hours ago
- RT @Delphi_Group: Thrilled to join the great @OAFT_ATCC team! We look forward to growing our working relationship. #FollowFriday to learn m…3 days ago
- Super excited to announce OAFT's newest member @Delphi_Group #FollowFriday https://t.co/3egb3z82iZ3 days ago
- "How to Create Dynamic Agri-Food Regulatory Policy in an Era of Accelerating Technological Innovation" a #CSPC2017… https://t.co/pHlXrspTkc3 days ago
- Northern communities to benefit from local-made fuel initiative #OntAgriFoodTech #biodiesel @AgInnovationOnt… https://t.co/WBJDQYcbhH3 days ago
- RT @foodevomovie: "My response is, consistently, I am neither pro-#GMO nor pro-#organic: I am pro-#science." -Scott Hamilton Kennedy, direc…4 days ago
- For those who prefer Facebook, follow us on our new page! https://t.co/4CssT7NaSt #OntAgriFoodTech4 days ago
- Learn more about how OAFT client @freshspoke sources local food #OntAgriFoodTech https://t.co/GFNJp4HqDS4 days ago
@ Meaford Hall, Opera House
@ St. Isidore Recreation Centre